This recipe combines the classic goodness of Moravian Sugar Cake with the rich sweetness of caramel and the tangy bite of granny smith apples. So, let's roll up our sleeves and create a dessert that will fill your home with the delightful scents of autumn.
- Dewey's Moravian Sugar Cake (you can find it here)
- Caramel Topping (homemade or store bought)
- Granny Smith Apple
- Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place your Moravian Sugar Cake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 4 minutes.
- While baking, core and slice your apples thinly.
- Remove the sugar cake from the oven and place your sliced granny smith apples on top.
- Spoon your caramel sauce over the apples, distributing it equally.
- Return the sugar cake to the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the caramel sauce is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and allow the Caramel Apple Sugar Cake to cool slightly before serving.
- Slice and serve warm, accompanied by a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat. Enjoy!