- ¾ cup Brownie Crisp Cookie Thins, pulsed into a fine dust (about 20 thins)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 oz of a chocolate bar, finely chopped (about a bar and ½- not chocolate chips!*)
Peppermint Chocolate Coating:
- ½ cup melted chocolate
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 crushed candy cane
- Begin by chopping up the chocolate bar into fine pieces. Set aside.
- Next, in a food processor or by hand* pulse the Brownie Crisp Cookie Thins until they become a fine dust. Set aside.
- Heat the heavy whipping cream in a small pot over medium heat until the cream begins to softly boil, stirring frequently.
- Once the heaving whipping cream reaches a boil, turn the heat to low and add the chopped chocolate bar. Stir the mixture until it reaches a smooth consistency. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the Brownie Cookie Thin dust until well incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and let it cool in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- After the mixture has cooled, make the peppermint chocolate coating. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Using a spoon or a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop the truffle mixture into even sizes and roll into balls. Next, dunk each truffle in the melted chocolate, place on parchment paper, and top with crushed candy canes. Repeat until the truffle mixture is used up. Allow the chocolate coating to slightly harden before enjoying.
- Store these truffles in the fridge for up to 1 week. Alternatively, store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
*Use pure chocolate for the truffle mixture to ensure the chocolate melts and chills properly
*If you don’t have a food processor, simply place the cookie thins in a sealed plastic bag and use a rolling pin or a glass to break up the cookies.