Meyer Lemon Cookie Ice Cream
2 tbsp lemon zest
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 sleeve of Meyer Lemon Cookies- crush 3/4 of them and use the rest for garnish if desired (about 40 cookies total)
5 1/2 ounces lemon curd
1. Zest your lemons until you have 2 tbsp of lemon zest.
2. Juice your lemons to obtain 1/2 cup of juice.
3. Place lemon zest, juice, sugar, and heavy whipping cream into a bowl or stand mixer bowl.
4. Beat mixture on high until soft peaks form.
5. Pour 1/2 of the whipping cream mixture into a freezer safe container. Add a handful of crushed Meyer Lemon Cookies and mix to coat the cookie pieces. Add 5 tbsp dollops of the lemon curd spaced evenly on top and using a butter knife, drag the curd through the dish to create ribbons of lemony goodness.
6. Add the other half of the whipping cream mixture on top and repeat.
7. Top your ice cream with while Meyer Lemon Cookies decoratively and then cover with a lid or plastic wrap.
8. Freeze for 3-6 hours or until it's hard. Scoop and serve!